The deadline to apply for the 2014 Janet Engvall McTigue Advancing Excellence in Nonprofits Award is quickly approaching!
The deadline to apply for 2014 award is October 24, 2013.
This annual award of $10,000 will be given to a nonprofit organization in order to strengthen its business infrastructure – to advance excellence within their organization. Examples of award use: strategic planning, board development, staff training, audit support, technology infrastructure, etc. The award is not intended for nonprofit start-ups, program support or salaries.
To be eligible, a nonprofit must meet the following requirements:
- A legal nonprofit with IRS 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Provide services in Williamson County.
- Have an active, representative voluntary governing body, with regular meetings and with policy setting authority.
- Funds to be used to advance excellence within the organization – a project thatelevates the nonprofit organization to a higher level.
- Funded project to be completed within one year of receiving the award check.
- Funded agency will provide a follow up report to UWWC within one year of receiving the award check describing project results.
In 2009, United Way of Williamson County (UWWC) established the Janet Engvall McTigue Advancing Excellence Award to honor Janet Engvall McTigue, former Executive Director of Georgetown Area United Way, and her strong commitment to strengthening nonprofit organizations serving the people of Williamson County.