Community Impact Grants
A Community Impact Grant is the only method for applying for and receiving grant funds from United Way of Williamson County. Community Impact Grant range from $10,000 to $40,000. Before submitting an application, please take time to read through the information provided on this page and review the Basic Information section of this page.
Who is Eligible?
- are tax-exempt under Sections 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and units of government.
- provide services to Williamson County, TX.
- advance our goals in the area of health, education, and financial stability. Click to review our community impact agenda.
In general, United Way of Williamson County does not grant funds for:
- endowment funds
- religious organizations for religious purposes
- fundraising activities or events
- umbrella funding organizations that intend to distribute funds at their own discretion
- political lobbying or legislative activities
- multi-year commitments
United Way of Williamson County encourages grant requests for projects or programs that:
- are likely to have a substantial impact on individuals and families living in Williamson County, TX
- partner with United Way of Williamson County to provide practical solutions to the health, education, and financial stability challenges facing Williamson County residents
- actively engage with others in the community to address community challenges
- successfully leverage other sources of support including volunteers, funding or community involvement
- work with others to eliminate or minimize duplication of services
- are sustainable over time
How it Works
Letter of Intent
- Submit your online Letter of Intent (LOI). The next grant cycle will open in December 2019. Dates will be posted here in the fall. The online application portal will not accept applications submitted after the deadline.
- Click here to download information regarding the online grant management system.
- Once an application has been submitted, a panel of community volunteers will review each request and determine which organizations will be invited to submit a full Community Impact Grant Application.
Community Impact Grant Application & Presentations
- Invitations to apply for the full grant application will be sent by email on February 26, 2019. Organizations will be provided with the online application link at that time.
- Grant applications are due on March 31, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. The online portal will not accept applications submitted after the deadline.
- Once an application is submitted, organizations submitting their request prior to the deadline will be invited to give a short presentation to the Grant Allocation Committee. Presentation dates are April 27 and April 29, 2019.
- The Grant Allocation Committee will make their recommendation for funding to the Board of Directors at the May 2019 Board Meeting.
- Grant recipients will be notified shortly thereafter.
For assistance completing the LOI, an information session will be held on Tuesday, January 8, 2019 from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. at United Way of Williamson County.
Attendance is optional and not required. However, first-time applicants, as well as previous grant recipients are strongly encouraged to attend.
For additional information and questions regarding the grant application process, please contact Jodee O'Brien or Nicole Foy at (512) 255-6799.