Community Impact Grants
A Community Impact Grant is the only method for applying for and receiving grant funds from United Way of Williamson County. Community Impact Grants range from $10,000 - $40,000. Before submitting an application, please take time to read through the information provided on this page and review the Basic Information section of this page.
Who is Eligible?
- are tax-exempt under Sections 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and units of government.
- provide services in Williamson County, Texas.
- advance our goals in the area of health, education, and financial stability. Click here to review our community impact agenda.
United Way of Williamson County does not grant funds for:
- endowment funds
- religious organizations for religious purposes
- fundraising activities or events
- umbrella funding organizations that intend to distribute funds at their own discretion
- political lobbying or legislative activities
- multi-year commitments
United Way of Williamson County encourages grant requests for projects or programs that:
- are likely to have a substantial impact on individuals and families living in Williamson County, Texas.
- partner with United Way of Williamson County to provide practical solutions to the health, education, and financial stability challenges facing Williamson County residents.
- actively engage with others in the community to address community challenges.
- successfully leverage other sources of support including volunteers, funding or community involvement.
- work with others to eliminate or minimize duplication of services.
- are sustainable over time.
How it Works
Letter of Intent
- Submit your online Letter of Intent (LOI). The next grant cycle will open January 1, 2021. LOIs are due by 5:00 p.m, Febuary 1, 2021. The online application portal will not accept applications submitted after the deadline.
Navigate to the Agency site and create an account. This account will need to be approved by UWWC before you can submit your program. Once your program is approved you will be able to complete your LOI. If you are currently a funded agency you can log in with your current log in information. There is no need to create another account.
- Click here to download information regarding the online grant management system.
- Once an application has been submitted, a panel of community volunteers will review each request and determine which organizations will be invited to submit a full Community Impact Grant Application.
Community Impact Grant Application and Presentations
- Invitations to apply for the full grant application will be sent by email March 3, 2021. Organizations will be provided with the online application link at that time.
- Grant applications are due at 5 p.m., March 31, 2021. The online portal will not accept applications submitted after the deadline.
- Once an application is submitted, organizations submitting their request prior to the deadline will be invited to give a short presentation to the Grant Allocation Committee. The presentation date is May 1, 2021.
- The Grant Allocation Committee will make their recommendation for funding to the Board of Directors at the May 2021 Board Meeting.
- Grant recipients will be notified shortly thereafter.
If you have questions or concerns, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.