Free Drop Off and Pick Up Tax Assistance Available
United Way of Williamson County and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) will offer free drop off, pick up first-come, first-serve tax preparation services in Round Rock from 10am-2pm on Wednesdays and Saturdays May 30-July 15.
Free Tax Prep – Drop Off Only Instructions
You stay in your car.
***If you exhibit any illness – you will be asked to come back when you are well.***
1205 Round Rock Avenue, Suite 106, Round Rock, TX 78681
(near Short Stop, Arrow Cleaners and Freedom Church at N. Lake Creek Dr., Round Rock Ave. is also known as FM620)
May 30 through July 15, 2020
Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Saturdays 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
What you are REQUIRED to bring
- Wear face mask in car when talking with volunteers
- Valid photo ID for you and your spouse if married
- If married both spouses must be present at drop-off and pick-up
- Social Security Card for you, spouse (if married) and anyone else being claimed
- Copies of All 2019 source of income forms, and related tax information (ex: W-2, 1099, interest and dividend statements, itemized deductions, self-employed income/expense, 1098-T tuition statement, childcare annual receipt, etc.)
- Form 1095-A, B or C for Affordable Health Insurance Statements
- Copy of prior year return
- Copy of voided check if expecting a refund or if you owe and want to have balance directly debited from your bank account
- Completed intake Form 13614-C available online at https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f13614c.pdf
- Pick-up instructions will be provided when you drop-off your documents
Can’t make copies? Let the volunteer know so copies can be made. All copies will be returned to you at pick-up.
Have questions? Call (512) 827-2574 between 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday - Saturday. Please leave a message if no one answers. Click here to download the flyer.
Other Tax Filing Options
Foundation Communities has teamed up with GetYourRefund.org to help you file your taxes online with the help of IRS-certified tax preparers through July 15, 2020. Due to COVID-19, in person tax preparation services are not available at any of the free tax preparation sites. If you have any problems accessing or using the virtual tax help preparation site, call 512-610-7374 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, the IRS is offering this option for do-it-yourself tax filing here.
Answers to Questions About the Coronavirus Stimulus Check
Filing Free Tax Preparation Locations
The IRS federal income tax filing deadline has been extended to July 15, 2020 as part of a growing effort to stem the financial pain from the coronavirus pandemic, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin announced March 20, 2020. The move gives Americans three months more than they normally would have to file their income tax returns for the 2019 tax year.
NOTE: Due to the coronavirus, services at ALL free income tax preparation sites in Williamson County, and in many other areas, have been suspended until further notice. Should any of the sites reopen, we will update our website and social media channels with that information. Call 211 or visit Foundation Communities, IRS.gov, AARP.org, auntbertha.com or 211texas.org to search for tax sites that may be open or for other tax filing options.
Williamson County will prosper only when all families are financially stable and able to meet their basic needs. Fewer financial stressors lead to healthier lives, a more productive workforce, and better educational outcomes. In every Williamson County community, individuals and families are facing financial obstacles that prevent a good quality of life. We’re fighting to put every person, in every community, on a path toward financial stability and economic mobility. That starts with access to services, job training, credit counseling and money management programs and more. United Way’s work is focused on ensuring that all families are financially stable and independent.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is a cornerstone program of United Way that can be instrumental in helping individuals and families in their journey to financial stability.
- This free tax preparation service is available to low-to-moderate income wage earners earning $55,000 or less. Clients often include minimum-wage earners, those who may be homeless, self-employed, and the elderly or people with disabilities.
- IRS-certified volunteers provide basic return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
Free tax preparation sites will be open from January 27 through April 15, 2020 at locations in Georgetown, Hutto, Leander, Liberty Hill and Taylor.
In addition to informing clients about valuable tax credits for which they may be eligible, VITA sites provide a safe alternative to high-fee tax preparation services and predatory lenders offering expensive refund anticipation loans. VITA sites also help many working families access valuable tax credits such as Earned Income Tax Credits and Child Tax Credits.